This path month I’ve been trying to eat different things for breakfast and lunch, and find new ways to incorporate certain foods. Like strawberries, I use them in my smoothies and maybe a spinach salad here and there but then they always seem to go bad in the frig or sit in the freezer.
Today I made a strawberry and avocado salad! It was so good and filling, the perfect amount of creamy/crunch mixed with a punch of sweet and salty.
4-5 large strawberries chopped
1/2 of an avocado chopped
1.5 oz of gorgonzola cheese
quarter of a small onion chopped (optional)
drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette
If you are like me and don’t have a green thumb maybe this can help you! I am interested to try.
We’re a couple of weeks into the new year and I’m still compiling a list of what I would like to accomplish this year. I figure I will write them down here, and then next year look back and check off what I did do and what I can repeat for the following year. So here it is:
1. De-clutter / Organize (this is a repeat one and will be next year)
This goes from emails, clothes, kids toys, anything in the home that is collecting dust. I feel like this one is and should be ongoing because it not only takes time but you constantly have a shift of out with the old and in with the new!
2. Brew my own Hard Cider – I love cider and a case of it is pretty expensive, I want to try to brew my own and see how it measures up to the ones I buy. Just for fun and for spirit!
3. Drop those few extra pounds + gain more energy – This is a typical one and hopefully I will stick with it
4. Save Save Save – It’s hard to save and pay off bills but I started doing it last year and although it was a small amount, it really made me feel good. It’s nice to see that you have some money at the end of the month when you’re working day after day, week after week. This was one I struggled with before because I thought oh it should go towards the credit card or a bill etc…but in reality that little extra is not making a huge difference to those bills but after months of saving, it becomes a big chunk of change that can make a difference somewhere and improve your happiness (at least it did mine)
5. Run 2 5K’s – I’ve been running about one a yr so why not up it to two?!
6. Knit – Maybe a scarf of something, but just to learn it and try once! Maybe I’ll like it and develop a new hobby.
7. Become more fluent in Spanish
Well it’s finally here!
2014 is coming to end.
This is the time we think back on the year, remembering our accomplishments, failures, happy moments and sad times. All of these things help us grow into the person we are or strive to be.
Then we start planning our resolutions for the new year. We think about what we want to do, or how to be better, healthier and happier in the new year – 2015. Each year feels like a new beginning, holding hopeful promise of better things and it’s a wonderful feeling. It’s the giddiness of Christmas morning you felt as a kid!
I wish everyone an Awesome New Year! And remember as you make your list of “resolutions” success doesn’t happen over night. If you strive to be a better you each day, that’s all you can ask of yourself.
“It’s better to fall short of a high mark than to reach a low one”
Cheers to a safe and Happy New Year!
I came across this on Pintrest and thought it’s such a cool idea I had to share! Unfortunately when I clicked to the site, I could not find the project anywhere, but you get the idea! This would be cool for any art, not just holiday decor. Plus if you’re thinking of DIY presents, this would be a good one.
If you want to spice it up more you could even add a LED light to the back of it!
I’ve done most of my shopping this year online. Forget the crazy lines, and the crowded parking lots, I like to take my time check reviews (which is huge for me), use my coupon code and then have the package magically appear within the week on my doorstep!
But this year it has been a bit overwhelming for me. My husband has a big family and my family all still buys presents for each other and including all the nieces and nephews, it’s a lot! Usually we split it, he shops for his family and I shop for mine, and before I know it we’re done. Well I’ve done all the shopping this year and as I tear open the boxes to go through everything, it seems like I still have so much more to do. It’s the most wonderful time of the year haha!
One thing I like unique, cool gadgets that you don’t necessarily need but they’re fun to look at and just know that they exist! So here’s a few
1. Listening to Blues/Jazz on Pandora and it introducing me to artists/talent that I never heard of or gave a try
2. Signing up for a 5K in November. A good motivator to amp up my running routine or lack of routine
3. Browsing through Etsy at the Fall Decor (my favorite season)
4. The cool September air