Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I love Mexican food and margaritas so today is one of my favorite holidays to eat and be merry.
In addition to chicken fajitas, I wanted to make some kind of creamy yet spicy corn dip.
I did a search on the ingredients I wanted to base my recipe on, and found one Corn and Jalapeno Dip
This is a slow cooker recipe but I’m making stovetop today.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 (15.25-ounces) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or scallions
For the slow cooker recipe Read More
Cook bacon and drain. Save a bit of grease for sauteing.
Saute corn and jalapenos in a little bacon grease for about 5 minutes, stir in cream cheese and sour cream and simmer until everything melts together. Add the Pepper jack and Parmesan cheeses along with salt and pepper. Toss in the bacon and mix until the cheeses melt. Pull off the stove and garnish with chives/scallions.
Note: I added sauted mushrooms and cilantro for extra flavor!